Job opportunity: Biathlon Head Coach – Chelsea Nordiq Ski Club
The Chelsea Nordiq Ski Club based in Chelsea, Quebec (Ottawa area), is seeking applications for a part-time Biathlon Head Coach with the club.
The Chelsea Nordiq Ski Club mission is to promote participation and excellence in the sports of cross country skiing and biathlon in our community. The club offers biathlon programming through several training groups from the Biathlon Bears through to the Train to Compete phases of development.
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking
- Certified in the competition coaching stream from the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) at a minimum with Biathlon Competition – Development, or equivalent
- Ability to motivate, build trust, and gain the confidence of athletes
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, organizational expertise, and be team focused
- Significant experience in biathlon as an athlete and/or coach
- Be willing to travel for races and camps. The coach will be required to support the Coupe Quebec series of races and training camps. This normally involves travelling for 5 races and 2 training camps.
- Must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and be able to work with little supervision
- Maintain a current firearms Possession and Acquisition License (PAL)
- Have a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)
- Have a current First aid certificate
- Demonstrate ethical qualities and works to instill the virtues of fair play and sportsmanship in all aspects of the program
- Work in a team environment within Chelsea Nordiq and provide leadership to the current biathlon coaching group in supporting Chelsea Nordiq’s biathlon programs – from Bears through to Train to Complete and Adult biathlon.
- Provide dryland and on snow coaching for all 22 cal. biathlon groups
- Work with Chelsea Nordiq’s Program Director and other Chelsea Nordiq coaches to coordinate the delivery of training programs based on the Chelsea Nordiq program planning framework and the Biathlon Canada LTAD model
- Work with the Chelsea Nordiq biathlon coaching group to provide race support and waxing support for Chelsea Nordiq athletes at biathlon races
- Develop and maintain relationships with community organizations
- Represent Chelsea Nordiq on various provincial and national coaching comities.
Part time consultant. Contract is from May 1, 2015 to April 30, 2016
Commensurate with experience and ranges from $25.00 to $30.00 an hour
Interviews will be conducted as qualified applications are received. The competition closes on May 1, 2015.