Biathlon Canada is seeking a wax technician for the 2020/2021 season.
Ski Technician – Biathlon Canada
Biathlon Canada is seeking a wax technician for the 2020/2021 season for the World Cup and IBU cup. This position will be a member of a dynamic high performance team committed to developing and sustaining Canada’s international excellence in biathlon.
Term: November 2020 to March 2021
This position reports and is responsible and accountable directly to the Head Technician for domestic and international program assignments, to include training camps and competitions. The tech is ultimately accountable to the High Performance Working Group.
These include but are not limited to the following:
- Ski selection, base preparation, wax testing
- Thorough knowledge of current products and technologies, and motivation to learn about new technologies,
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the operation of all NT equipment and the ability to perform simple field maintenance
- Ability and knowledge to provide race support, including splits and feeds
- Managing movement of equipment and other logistics
- Familiarity with firearms
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational expertise
- Ability to work as a team member and independent contributor
- Accomplished waxing and organizational skills at World Cup level
- High level of fitness to assist with ski testing.
- Abide by Biathlon Canada policies, procedures, and guidelines
- A working cell phone
- Once the successful candidate is selected they will be asked to:
- Complete the Biathlon Canada approved Safe Sport course
- Complete a Criminal Record Check
- Screening disclosure form
- Take part in Unconscious Bias training
- Completion of a CCES anti-doping course
- Biathlon Canada membership
- Provide a letter of reference
Send a Resume/CV, cover letter and two references (include name, relationship to you, email, and phone number) to Sarah Snowsell (email@example.com) by September 1, 2020. Please also indicate the level of driving license you have.