Event Bids – 2017-18
Planning is underway for the 2017-18 competitive season and beyond!
Biathlon Canada is seeking event bids from clubs interested in hosting any of the following:
• 2017-2018 North American Cup #1 (November 24 – 26, 2017)
• 2017-2018 North American Cup #2 (Eastern Canada, January)
• 2017-2018 North American Cup #3 (Eastern Canada, January)
• 2017-2018 North American Cup #6 (Western Canada, February)
• 2018 Eastern Canadian Biathlon Championships (late February)
• 2018 Canadian Summer Biathlon Championships (a paved track for a Roller Biathlon competitions, for IBU Classes, in addition to Cross Biathlon (running & shooting) for other classes is preferred but not necessary. Dates may be proposed in the bid.
• 2019 Canadian Biathlon Championships (on dates to be proposed, starting on a Monday and ending on the following Sunday and ideally in the first or second week of March 2019)
• The 2018 Western Canadian Biathlon Championships will take place at the 2019 Canada Games venue in Red Deer, AB, in February – weekend to be determined.
• The 2018 Canadian Championships will take place in Charlo, NB, March 6-11, 2018.
For the Eastern, Western, and Canadian Championships the bidding process is described in Section 9 and Annex C of the Canadian Hosting Policy. The facilities and other requirements for these events are also contained in the Canadian Hosting Policy document.
For North American Cups the bidding process is described in Section 9 and Annex D of the
North American Hosting Policy. The facilities needed and other requirements for these events
are also contained in the North American Hosting Policy document.
In all cases, bids must be endorsed by the parent Division of the Club that is making the application to host the event. All bids should be sent to Andy Holmwood (email@example.com), General Manager of Biathlon Canada. Completed Bids must be received by April 17th, 2017.