Emily Dickson – Athlete Bio
Name: Emily Dickson
Date of Birth: 5/23/1997
Hometown: Burns Lake, BC
Hometown Club: Omineca Ski Club
Year you Started Competing: 2006
Favourite Biathlon Event: Pursuit
Top Three Career Finishes:
- 5th – Mixed Relay – IBU Cup – Ridnaun, Italy 2018
- 27th – Super Sprint – IBU Cup – Otepaa, Estonia 2019
- 34th – Sprint – IBU Cup – Duszniki Zdroj, Poland 2019
List your personal sponsors:
What are some of your hobbies?
- Photography, Music
- That’s a toss up between Ocean’s Eleven & Good Will Hunting
Favourite pump-up song:
- The Search by NF
Favourite musician/musical group:
- Another hard one… but I’d have to say Eminem is an all-time fave!
What do you do to pass the time while travelling on tour?
- Explore with my camera in hand!
What are you looking forward to most this season?
- Having the chance to visit new venues and the opportunity to set new personal bests!
What do you like the most about biathlon?
- The variation in the results sheet, even within a weekend of racing! There are so many variables involved in this unique sport… it takes more than being the fittest person in the category to win- you have to be able to execute so many other skills [under a lot of pressure] as well.
If you were not a full-time athlete, what would you be doing?
- I’ve always liked the idea of being a first responder- it is certainly a career option that I may pursue post-biathlon!